Last Updated on
Bosmere USA is a family-owned business that been operating for nearly thirty decades. Their belief is that everyone can be a gardener. Their mission is to provide finely crafted garden tools and products that are made to match classic British standards.
For reference, we have included an image of a British garden. Typically you will see carefully sculpted bushes and trees and finely trimmed flowers.
Bosmere USA provides a wide variety of products including ageless Haws watering cans directly from British factories! Their garden tools are of the highest quality; they come from Spear & Jackson, one of the oldest names in the business.
Bosmere, we would say, acts as a curator, carefully selecting reputable brands and products for the garden and outdoors.
They do more than just garden tools: they also sell beautiful wood products from Rowlinson; secure bike storage from Trimetals; water-wicking rugs from Hug Rug, perfect for the patio or balcony; outdoor furniture covers and more.
While Bosmere USA takes great pride in having great products, they firmly believe that products are only half of a story of success, and that excellent customer service is a very important part of that success.
The staff will go out of their way to help customers, going so far as to suggest methods to take care of whatever it is they’ve purchased.
The headquarters is located in Concord, North Carolina, and we can tell this company takes great pride in providing quality products for their customers as well as taking care of them, with a belief in transparency.
Their hardworking staff will make sure you are well taken care of.
You can also approach Bosmere as a retailer: you can set up a wholesale account with them and become one of their dealers or distributors.
A full list of their offerings is as follows:
– baskets and planters
– basket liners
– greenhouses (including window openers, screen doors and work tables)
– bicycle storage
– bird feeders
– compost equipment (including starter kits, wire, extension panels, caddies and aerators)
– a huge selection of floor mats and runners
– tools for clean-up (including harvesting aprons, leaf collectors, trash bin loaders, bos bags and sheets, drop cloth, tip bags, pop-up bags, leaf grabs, yard brooms)
– garden décor (including arches, arbors, canopies and replacement fabric, playhouses, companion seats, outdoor dining sets, picnic benches, Adirondack chairs and ottomans, fencing, bower, ceramic animals like frogs, dragonflies and toadstools)
– garden essentials (including knee pads and garden kneelers, handy scoops, rain gauges, thermometers, pH meters, moisture meters, hand lotion for gardeners, rose collar, aerating sandals, boot scrapers, wheel barrows and garden carts, outdoor clocks and sundials)
– garden tools (including accessories, clean up, cultivation, hand tools, ice removal, tools with long handles, sieves, pruners, cultivator claws, hoes, trowels; virtually any gardening tool you might need, they’ve got it)
– wood-fired ovens
– bird baths
– fire pits
– patio furniture
– plant labels and supports
– colour chips
– planter bags
– tree protectors
– raised bed kits
– planting baskets
– rain barrels and parts
– twine and ties
– wall baskets and watering cans, irrigation kits, hoses, watering cans
They are well known for the Haws watering can.
As mentioned, Bosmere USA is self-described as purveyors of gardening the English way, supplying quality products to get you out there and enjoying your garden.
So just what is an English garden, and why would a company go out of its way to be inspired by such?
The English garden is also called an English landscape garden, for it is rather a style of landscaping that emerged in the late 1700s to replace the prior, more formal French style of symmetry.
The English garden favours an idealized view of nature, including a lake, rolling lawns, trees, bridges, replications of classic temples and anything else to suggest and fully create a pastoral landscape.
This style is seen a lot in pre-Raphaelite paintings from the early 1900s. There is a rather theatrical, sweeping quality to the English garden, designed to transport one to an idyllic place.
This style fostered a renewed appreciation of nature, and it is no wonder Bosmere USA would take inspiration from this classic time of landscaping and apply it to their mission statement as a company.
One pictures gentle hills, calm water and ruins, altogether evoking grandeur and beauty, peace and a connection with the natural world that surrounds us.
One might also find graveled paths to walk, archways, sweeping garden beds with flowers and finely groomed shrubbery.
It takes real skill to create beautiful gardens, this is true: but it also takes high quality tools and décor to fully execute the job and land with pleasing results. Create your own English garden experience with Bosmere USA and be immersed in beauty.